Thursday, December 5, 2013

Hello, I'm Bobbum. I will haunt your dreams.

Christmas has been overrun the past couple of years with the trend of the Elf on the Shelf.  That sneaky little trick that parents play on their children to get them to behave during the holiday season.  A couple of weeks ago while browsing Pinterest I found some, what I thought were, pretty funny Elf on the Shelf ideas.  I showed them to my husband, thinking they'd get a big laugh but instead all I got was, "That thing is SO creepy."  Turns out I had discovered one of his biggest fears.  My husband is creeped out by elves.  Weird.  Of course I couldn't just let that go.  I mean, come on.  That piece of knowledge gave me way too much power.  There's no way I was just going to let that fall to the wayside.  So I started browsing the web, trying to find an Elf on the Shelf that I could get for cheap (as much as I want to freak my husband out, I'm not about to spend $30 on a tiny, poseable elf).  With no luck I texted my sister and mom to see if they knew anyone that had an elf I could use.  My mom responded saying she may have something I could use.  "Yeah but is it creepy?" I replied.  She responded with the most terrifying picture of an elf that I have seen.

OK, seriously though, that thing is super creepy right!?

I had to have it.  Apparently it used to belong to my grandpa.  So it's a legit creepy family heirloom.  I love it.  I will treasure him always!  So my mom mailed him to me and I named him Bobbum.  Bobbum is going to be scaring my husband every day until Christmas so follow along and learn how truly creepy the holiday season can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment